Stewart Concrete is dedicated to manufacture the highest quality precast concrete storm shelters available today. In-ground storm shelters provide safety and peace of mind for you and your loved ones during tornadic storms.
A unique feature of our shelter is the sloped concrete stair system. This allows easy and safe access, unlike our competitors which use a ladder system that makes it much more difficult for quick entry.
What Are The Advantages Of The Stewart Concrete Storm Shelter?
- Meets or Exceeds FEMA Standards
- Solid Concrete Entry Steps to Provide Easy Access
- 10 Gauge Steel Door with Hydraulic Assist Mechanism
- Steel Vents Which Eliminate Damage from Flying Debris
- 5000 PSI Concrete, Reinforced with ½” Rebar and Heavy Wire Mesh
- Hole Size = 7’ x 9’
- Bury Depth = 42”
- Graveled Bed with 4” Corrugated Drain Pipe
- Optional Waterproof Coating Available
The following seven photos show the installation of a storm shelter from beginning to end. Each installation is different depending upon the location. Be sure and call us for specifics for your shelter.